* [9fans] since nobody else is going to
@ 2002-04-30 15:57 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-04-30 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i will:

/sys/src/9/pc/devtv.c

what gives? should we look at buying a tv tuner for p9? :)

andrey

* Re: [9fans] since nobody else is going to
@ 2002-04-30 21:09 ` Jonathan Sergent
From: Jonathan Sergent @ 2002-04-30 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 12:17:59PM -0400, Peter Bosch wrote:
> The plan is to make a package of the entire media tree and make it
> available for others when it is in some reasonable state.

I have some partial attempts at simple RTSP and RTP clients lying around
somewhere that I could probably integrate with this.  I had streaming
audio kind of working (>1 year ago) but I hadn't attempted anything with
video yet.

--jss.

* Re: [9fans] since nobody else is going to
@ 2002-04-30 16:17 Peter Bosch
From: Peter Bosch @ 2002-04-30 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> what gives? should we look at buying a tv tuner for p9? :)

You might.   My new code support both the Miro PRO card and the
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR card.  Supposedly the latter has MPEG2 hardware
encoding, and I'ld like to try to get this to work under Plan 9.

Currently I'm working on getting audio to work on the WinTV card.
Also, I have implemented a motion-jpg video compressor in MMX
and decompressor in MMX.  Current speeds are approx. 20 fps on
700MHz machines.  (more than 30 fps on a 2GHz machine)

The plan is to make a package of the entire media tree and make it
available for others when it is in some reasonable state.

peter.