From: Axel Belinfante <Axel.Belinfante@cs.utwente.nl>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] blue-ish backgrounds in 24 bit drawterm?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:18:39 +0200	[thread overview]

> Before I delve deeper, maybe someone has an immediate clue:
> after I switched screendepth on X to 24, I get blue-ish colors
> where I usually have the orange ones.

What I mean to say here is that the background color is wrong,
even though the foreground looks fine (as far as I have tested --
is there a simple standard application that 'generates' fg and bg
colors?)
It looks like in the background the R and the B values get intermixed.
I get a blueish background in the rio menus,
I get R=0 G=234 B=255 in acme body (I would expect R=255 G=234 B=0);
in acme tag I get R=0, G=255, B=255;
B1 selection in tag gives me background R=0, G=238, B=238,
B1 selection in body gives me background R=0, G=158, B=238

Im running this on the 3d videa card of a sunblade 100, solaris 2.8,
using /usr/openwin/bin/X with defdepth 24 defclass TrueColor.

I see that xscreenchan gets set to CHAN4(...), the equivalent of
XRGB32. In initmap the default byte order check fails, so
XRGB32 gets mapped to XBGR32.

Changing initmap to map XRGB32 onto ABGR32 gives me a greenish
background in the rio menus, and a pink background in acme
window body (R=255, G=234, B=255) and an almost black acme tag
background (R=19, G=19, B=19).
B1 selection in tag gives me background R=255, G=238, B=238,
B1 selection in body gives me background R=255, G=158, B=238

The most workable result I get by changing initmap to map XRGB32
onto GRGB32 (CHAN4(Cgrey, 8, ...), which gives me grey backgrounds.

Ahem... Help, anyone?!? :-)
Thanks for reading anyway, if you have read this far - or even less :-)

Axel.