From: Digby Tarvin <digbyt@acm.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] INVESTMENT & ASSISTANCE
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:12:51 +0100	[thread overview]

I normally feel obliged to report this sort of blatant fraud when
I receive it directly, but there isn't enough header information
when it comes via a list. Is someone taking care of it?

It always seems a little irresponsible to me to just install filters
and leave inexperienced net users to the mercy of the con men....

I would imagine that with the formidable combined expertise of the
subscribers on this list, you would have to be pretty stupid to spam
it.

Anybody got any good tips for effective ways to deal with spammers?
I am fequently frustrated by NICs that allow IP registrants to privide
false (or no) e-mail address with which to report abuse.

DigbyT

THOMAS  EDWARDS:
> From 9fans-admin@cse.psu.edu Sun Jun 16 21:38:46 2002
> From: "THOMAS  EDWARDS" <thomyeddy@yahoo.co.uk>
> To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
> Subject: [9fans] INVESTMENT & ASSISTANCE
> STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT.
>
>  I am Mr, Thomas Edwards a native of Cape Town in
>  South Africa and I am an Executive Accountant with
>  the

etc.

--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                              digbyt@acm.org