.TH µSECSTORE 1 .SH NAME µsecstore \- manipulate small repositories of secret .SH SYNOPSIS .B µsecstore [ .B -u .I user ] .B -r file .PP .B µsecstore [ .B -u .I user ] .B -w file .SH DESCRIPTION .I µsecstore is a wrapper around .IR aescbc (1) and is intended to provide standalone machines functionality similar to that of .IR secstore(1). .PP When .I µsecstore starts up, it looks in the local .IR factotum (4) for an encryption key corresponding to the current system and user, prompting if one isn't found. An alternate user name can be specified with .BR \-u . .PP If .B \-w is given, µsecstore reads data from the standard input, encrypts it using the key it retrieved from .IR factotum , and writes the result to the named file. If .B \-r is given, it reads and decrypts data from the named file and writes the result to the standard output. .PP In either case, the real work is done by invoking .IR aescbc (1) with the appropriate options. .PP To load the .I factotum with secrets from an encrypted file when logging in, invoke .I µsecstore from .I $home/lib/profile as: .EX µsecstore -r $home/lib/factotum.aes | read -m > /mnt/factotum/ctl .EE .SH FILES .B $home/lib/profile .SH SOURCE .B /sys/src/cmd/µsecstore.c .SH SEE ALSO .I Aescbc in .IR secstore (1), .IR secstore (1), .IR aes (2), .IR factotum (4), .IR secstored (1)