* Re: [9fans] South bridge not found
@ 2002-10-22  6:24 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2002-10-22  6:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I forgot to write to this list...

>One of the problem is that the shape of cursor, which is strange and difficult

The problem is the left-half and right-half of the cursor are interchanged
each other, that is right-half and then left-half of the cursor.   I don't know
how to solve this problem, of course, we can change the cursor shape to
adujust just for this card...

>keyboard/mouse/display switch box for two machines (one for Linux box

This was a problem of tight connection of cables.  It was solved.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] cursor problems with GeForce4 [was: South bridge not found]
@ 2002-10-22  6:40 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-10-22  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:

> I forgot to write to this list...
>
> >One of the problem is that the shape of cursor, which is strange and difficult
>
> The problem is the left-half and right-half of the cursor are interchanged
> each other, that is right-half and then left-half of the cursor.   I don't know
> how to solve this problem, of course, we can change the cursor shape to
> adujust just for this card...

I had the same problem when trying to modify the rio cursors for 9wm (the unix
rio/8.5 clone). though, in my case, the problem had nothing to do with the hardware.

after some quite unscientific play on my part, i got the correct cursor to show in
9wm by reversing each pair in the cursor struct definition:

% cat << _END_ | awk '{print $2 $1 $4 $3 $6 $5 $8 $7}'
0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF,
     0xFF, 0xFF, 0x1F, 0xF8, 0x1F, 0xF8, 0x1F, 0xF8,
     0x1F, 0xF8, 0x1F, 0xF8, 0x1F, 0xF8, 0xFF, 0xFF,
     0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF

_END_
%

and then doing the same for the mask (the values are in data.h and screen.h)...

I know that's not the proper way of solving the problem, but when one cannot think one has to
resolve to other methods :)

andrey