* Re: [9fans] What about Lynx ?
@ 2002-10-29  0:14 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2002-10-29  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

pretty much everyone not using Charon is vnc-ing to another machine
and using a browser there.

you're welcome to compile lynx, but be aware that lack of cursor
addressing in P9 will make your task very hard.

andrey

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, adrian wrote:

> Is anyone using anything but Charon as a web Browser ?
> I was thinking of compiling Lynx, just for another option.
>
> Adrian

* [9fans] What about Lynx ?
@ 2002-10-29  7:08 adrian
From: adrian @ 2002-10-29  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-10-29  8:17   ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-10-29  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

when I don't use charon, I use lynx on a remote machine,
in a vt window. (use vi to enter this message in the same way)
vt sort-of works, but (with lynx more than with vi)
occasional ^R is needed to keep the text readable.

Axel.

> you're welcome to compile lynx, but be aware that lack of cursor
> addressing in P9 will make your task very hard.
>
> andrey
>
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, adrian wrote:
>
> > Is anyone using anything but Charon as a web Browser ?
> > I was thinking of compiling Lynx, just for another option.
> >
> > Adrian

* Re: [9fans] What about Lynx ?
@ 2002-10-29  8:14 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2002-10-29  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> pretty much everyone not using Charon is vnc-ing to another machine
> and using a browser there.

Exactly doing that.  Besides, the scripts Rob Pike sent to the list
time ago are very useful to read pages that are mostly text (or a
single image, pdf, etc.). Search google for wurl2txt.