/me loves reading mail on April 1st :-) - Dave On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 05:01:03PM -0600, mike wrote: > ROFLMAO > > Russ Cox wrote: > >Just a heads up. After over 12 years of > >leading the Plan 9 effort, we have finally > >figured out that we just don't "get it." > >About two months ago, after the last flame > >war that finally showed us the error of our > >ways, we started working with Hangar 18 to > >transition all Plan 9 related development > >activities to them. The remaining lawyers > >at Lucent have agreed to grant them a > >non-transferable, non-exclusive license to > >the Plan 9 technology, and hence-forth they > >will be the main focal point around which > >further Plan 9 related efforts will > >revolve. From now on, Jim Choate > >(ravage@einstein.ssz.com) is the main > >contact for all Plan 9 questions or issues. > >Don't email 9trouble@plan9.bell-labs.com > >anymore. That just routes to /dev/null > >until Jim can get igor finished. > > > >We made the decision to pass the reigns to > >Hangar 18 because of their outstanding track > >record of community contribution and their > >clear, articulate vision of how Plan 9 can > >help to mold the future of the world. We > >feel confident that they will provide an > >excellent framework for others to build on. > >We knew we were right when, after formally > >closing the deal online, Hanger 18 sent each > >of us a beautifully embroidered golf shirt > >with the worlds, "tact sucks" emblazoned in > >red across the front. > > > >As for us? We'll go back to trying to port > >Windows XP to ken's toaster. > > > >It's been a wild ride, and it was fun while > >it lasted. > > > >Russ > > > > > > > > -- > Michael H. Collins > http://linuxlink.com > 512-442-2009 512-656-9508 -- Uncle Cosmo, why do they call this a word processor? It's simple, Skyler. You've seen what food processors do to food, right?