From: Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Yet another VGA issue (CT65550)
Date: Mon,  5 May 2003 20:42:27 -0600	[thread overview]

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 10:11:44PM -0400, jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> Since there's no PCI info, I'm guessing the CT65550 (if it is such)
> is connected via a Vesa Local Bus (VLB).

Yes, that's what the specs say.

> The aux/vga code doesn't handle
> that, neither does the kernel part of the driver. Code needs to be
> added to recognise the chip revision and to set up the framebuffer
> in an unallocated memory range, etc. It's probably not hard, but awkward
> without the machine to hand.

:-((

Maybe I should finally learn C, so I can do it.

Oh well, I guess that machine's going back to Linux. I'm not
discouraged, but I want at least a windowing system and a usable text
editor on that box by tomorrow, so ...

I'll be back someday, as time allows. Thanks to you and 'rsc' for the
prompt attention.

mgushee@havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.