* [9fans] Problem with vmware 4.0
@ 2003-06-26 18:24 Nikolay Paskov
From: Nikolay Paskov @ 2003-06-26 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a problem with booting plan9 on my laptop with vmware 4.0. I'm not sure
but I suppose that the initialization of southbridge is where the kernel
hangs. Has or had anyone the same problem? On my desktop computer there is no
problem with the same virtual disk. I tried to boot plan9 as standalone
system and there is no problem at all. With Linux under vmware is also ok. I
tried windows + vmware nothing.

Nikolay

* Re: [9fans] Problem with vmware 4.0
@ 2003-06-28  3:14 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-06-28  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm running Plan 9 under VMware 4.0 this very moment.
Beyond that, I can't help you.  VMware 4 does seem to
have a bug in the CD drive simulation when you're using
a real physical CD drive.  Try disconnecting the CD-ROM
at boot time or point it at a file instead of the real
drive.  (Linux has the same problem, so I think it is
VMware that is buggy.)

Russ