From: Dave Lukes <davel@luchie.demon.co.uk>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] mouse
Date: Wed,  6 Aug 2003 16:54:12 +0100	[thread overview]

> >i want one of those AH-64 Apache pilot monoculars
> >so i can 'point' the mouse with my right eye, with a
> >ps2 interface.
> >
> >any takers?
> >

> count me in

Count me out:
an attractive person of appropriate gender walks past
and your cursor jams against the side of the screen.
(Especially tedious if a mouse button is down at the time).

These kind of things (interfaces based directly on sensory organs)
are only appropriate in specific contexts;
in the real world, you want artifical interfaces,
so that you can still interface with the real world.
(Well, maybe not all of us).

That's one reason why speech recognition is not very successful:
you have to disable it when the 'phone rings.

	Dave (watching a buzzard fly past his window).