Some time ago, Russ said: > Rio (the window system) doesn't send any of the typed > characters until your press enter. This means that, > for example, you can edit the line using the mouse > if you make an early mistake that takes a while to > notice. umm, now i understand. I was trying to get the design idea behind that behaviour, i was sure that there where a very good reason for the lack of fgetrune :) > If you really want to get characters as they are typed, > you need to put the console in raw mode, by writing > "rawon" to /dev/consctl and then keeping the file > descriptor for /dev/consctl open. > > I believe that then Bgetrune will give you runes > as they come in. However, you will be in charge > of echoing them to standard output. thanks a lot. -- Alberto Cortés Martín | Ing. en Telecomunicación email: alcortes@coitt.es | Universidad Carlos III Jabber: alcortes43 | Madrid ICQ#: 101088159 | Spain MSN: fly you fools! | url: http://montoya.aig.uc3m.es/~acortes/index.html gpg public key fingerprint: 3399 329C 032C 5FCD A8D5 C7B8 DEC0 DF69 9EB7 C5A5