From: Martin C.Atkins <martin@parvat.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] xen port?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:06:57 +0530	[thread overview]

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:52:30 -0700 (MST) ron minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov> wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Leo Caves wrote:
>
> > I am interested to hear opinion on what xen might offer in the Plan
> > 9/inferno world-view.
>
> my one interest was that I could run auth, fs, and term on one laptop.
>
> ron

Does Xen virtualise the display? I couldn't see anything that suggested
it did in a 10-minute parse of the website, but then I couldn't find anything
that said it didn't either!

If it doesn't, it wouldn't make a very good platform for a term!
But I suppose you could do auth+fs+drawterm instead.

(BTW: you should already be able to do the above using VMware, but
you would need lots of physical memory, and the performance might not
be very exciting!)

Martin
PS
  Hello Leo! :-)