* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 19:29   ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2004-05-19 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> > did SSH2 ever get done on Plan 9?
>
> no.

FYI - openssh on the gentoo linux distribution has
SSH2 only as the default config.

Sam

* [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 19:48 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-05-19 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a new laptop, so very little is working right :-)

can someone remind me why the ssh FROM plan 9 TO Linux would get me to a
TIS identification
prompt?

did SSH2 ever get done on Plan 9?

thanks

ron

* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 19:58 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-19 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> can someone remind me why the ssh FROM plan 9 TO Linux would get me to a
> TIS identification
> prompt?

because linux ssh felt like it?

@ 2004-05-19 20:06 ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-05-19 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 01:48:31PM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> can someone remind me why the ssh FROM plan 9 TO Linux would get me to a
> TIS identification prompt?

ssh -v is your ``friend''.  What algorithms does the server
propose?

> did SSH2 ever get done on Plan 9?

No; the transport layer seems to work, but
I just haven't had time.  Maybe this summer,
but both Russ and I are using Unix more and
Plan 9 less so the incentive isn't as great.

* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 20:11   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-05-19 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 19 May 2004, Russ Cox wrote:

> > can someone remind me why the ssh FROM plan 9 TO Linux would get me to a
> > TIS identification
> > prompt?
>
> because linux ssh felt like it?

well, I know it's a dumb question, but man moving from RH to SuSe can be
painful at times ...

ron

* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 20:14   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2004-05-19 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 19 May 2004, William Josephson wrote:

> On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 01:48:31PM -0600, ron minnich wrote:
> > can someone remind me why the ssh FROM plan 9 TO Linux would get me to a
> > TIS identification prompt?
>
> ssh -v is your ``friend''.  What algorithms does the server
> propose?

if that switch worked :-)

Anyways, it is clearly my machine, so I'll just keep shotting at daemons
until it succumbs.

ron

* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 20:29     ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2004-05-19 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:29:38PM -0400, Sam wrote:
> > > did SSH2 ever get done on Plan 9?
> >
> > no.
>
> FYI - openssh on the gentoo linux distribution has
> SSH2 only as the default config.

I believe that is the default in the next rev of
OpenSSH so that most sites will soon be SSH2 only.
I'd like to get what I have going, I just don't
know if I'll have time this summer or not.

* Re: [9fans] !@#$!@#$@ sshd
@ 2004-05-19 20:43   ` Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2004-05-19 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

William Josephson wrote:

>No; the transport layer seems to work, but
>I just haven't had time.  Maybe this summer,
>but both Russ and I are using Unix more and
>Plan 9 less so the incentive isn't as great.

Well ...

ASA I get plan9 I'll need to ssh2 into a linux box at my office ...

Hmmm ... Looks like time to buy a cheap plan9 laptop.

    Davel.