* [9fans] Plan 9 Installfest at The Estonian IT College
@ 2004-05-20  6:04 Boris Maryshev
From: Boris Maryshev @ 2004-05-20  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Plan 9 from Bell Labs fans

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that sometime in June we will be doing Plan 9
Installfest at The Estonian IT College. 12th and 26th of June are possible
dates, we'll discuss which is better and announce that.

Me and other guy from college named Margus Ernits were planning Plan 9
installation for something like year and a half, but as we have other
projects on schedule (both of us are in ITC's robotics club) too we weren't
very successful. This year we started to organize installfests at the same
venue and those were fun, but having Linux installfest makes you busy all the
time, because all those Linux newbies require attention and care and there
are so many of them :) So basically having whole Plan 9 Installfest on it's
own seems like a good idea.

Okay,  my own experience with Plan 9 is limited to running it inside VMWare,
so problems will occur :) Having you guys on #plan9@FreeNode will be a great
bonus. Or maybe videoconferencing someone? :) And actually, Estonia isn't so
far away (yeah, we're EU too now), direct flights from London and Paris, not
to mention Scandinavia... You're welcome! And I've seen estonians here too,
Tere!

Anyway, I'll keep you informed on this topic.

We'll make site or something, URL is http://installfest.unix.ee/

Previsious events' photos:
http://kivisaar.com/pictures.php?GroupID=20
http://dharik.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=if
http://www.zone.ee/installfest/?id=0&thumbs=15

Peace,
Boris
--
Knocked, you weren't in.
		-- Opportunity

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-05-20  6:04 UTC | newest]