On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 19:51:56 +0300, Tiit Lankots wrote: > > If I have a usefull search interface I didnt need any > > filename or directory structure. A user isn't interessted in > > filesystems. > > A smart user is. When your file count passes 200 000, you won't know > your > left from your right in a flat file space. Hierarchy is your friend. A 2-dimensional hierarchy is hopelessly inadequate for storing information in a "natural" way. People retrieve information along many different "vectors" all the time, and a hierachical filesystem only really has 1 or 2. It may be a great low-level implementation, but being able to say "find the e-mail I wrote to Timothy last week" is a lot more useful to the user. -- mithrandi, i Ainil en-Balandor, a faer Ambar