On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 00:48:40 +0200, boyd, rounin wrote: > > really has 1 or 2 > > run du -a lately? The problem is, if I want to associate a file with, say, "computers" and "vaccuum cleaners", how do I layout my filesystem? (let's say the file is a write-up about computer-controlled vaccuum cleaners) > > It may be a great low-level implementation, but being > > able to say "find the e-mail I wrote to Timothy last week" is a lot more > > useful to the user. > > really? mbox/Timothy/* or mbox/Timothy/YYYY/MMDD/* Ok, now what about "all work-related e-mail I wrote about cars last month"? All of these queries can be "displayed" via a hierarchical file view, but not simultaneously; you could of course build multiple "views" using symlinks or unions or similar, but that's what I'd consider "higher-level". -- mithrandi, i Ainil en-Balandor, a faer Ambar