* [9fans] A note about AMD64 mainboards and Plan 9
@ 2004-06-17 10:01 Vester Thacker
From: Vester Thacker @ 2004-06-17 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

For anyone thinking about running Plan 9 on an AMD64 mainboard,
ensure that you don't purchase a mainboard with the VIA VT800
chipset. The VIA VT800 chipset is not supported by Plan 9 at
this time. Unless you plan to write a driver for it.

The AMD64 mainboards that have nForce3 150 chipset work well.

I just wanted to share my findings with others in attempt to
save you from the expensive mistakes that I have made.

--Vester Thacker