From: Heiko Dudzus <heiko.dudzus@gmx.de>
To: 9fans <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] how to remove this file
Date: Sat,  6 Nov 2004 20:59:16 +0100	[thread overview]

There is a file /386/bin/ape/_diff3 on my filesystem. Something is
wrong with it. 'check' on the fossil console reports:

| error: source has been removed: /active/386/bin/ape/_diff3 -> 3
| fsck: 1 clri, 0 clre, 0 clrp, 0 bclose

When I commit the command 'check clri' on the console, fossil
immediately commits suicide.

I tried to remove the file from the fossil console. It anwers that it
is removed but the situation keeps the same.

I tried to rm the file from within the shell, but it is said to not
exist. There is one version of the file under /n/dump. When I try to
copy that back, cp says: "... file already exists".

I assume, something went wrong when I copied my venti to another disk
(rdarena, writearena).

Does the file exist or does it not exist? cp and rm contradict each
other. And how to clean this pathological situation?

TIA, Heiko