* [9fans] CPU/Auth/Fileserver confusion
@ 2004-12-19 12:31 Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2004-12-19 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I got another piece of hardware and made a CPU/Auth und fossil based
fileserver out of my Plan 9 box. The Wiki page and andreys LANL setup
page were helpful.

If I start the terminal standalone, I can cpu to the CPU server and
can import its filesystem with 9fs.

The next step was to boot a 9pc kernel on terminal locally and get
root fs from the server. I can login as user und the dossrv of the
lib/profile gets executed. But nothing more and rio doesn't start and
there are messages like:

fifo stat 0 scrio dc000000 scr80283a04 pc 80176803

I spent the night with it and really don't find out what the problem
is.

Any help or hints appreciated,
Heiko :-(