On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 07:45:00AM -0600, vdharani@infernopark.com wrote: > Brantley, > > >>> vdharani was asking about our ad. Here's the link. > > > > http://www.coraid.com/documents/WhyBuyMoreServers.pdf > > thanks for the document. the product is really interesting. for one of our > products in my previous company we were looking for such a server. > > btw, can you or someone give an approximate price of the product for a > bare minimum configuration? i am wondering whether a home plan9 user can > afford it at all? the rack mount slightly scares me about 1. price, and 2. > noise. > > thanks > dharani FWIW, Offmyserver sells these kinds of things too, though ours doesn't work over ethernet (it's just a standard fiber channel slash SCSI thing) and since I don't do hardware stuff there, I don't know if the price is accurate (the prices on the site are usually much higher than we quote by email / phone). The product we sell starts at $6,000. I don't know if that includes disks. I should probably ask, shouldn't I? :) I'll also ask if we have this kind of NAS stuff. --Devon