On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 01:55:40PM -0500, jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote: > >So, I thought a nifty solution would be to make use of the > >rendezvous stuff and call tsleep. But I don't understand how > >this should work. When the watchdog is enabled, I need to start > >some procedure that never returns. This would be easy in > >userland, where I could simply start another thread, but how do > >I do this in-kernel. > > that would be a kproc. look at some of the ether drivers, e.g. ether82557,c > which actually has a kproc called 'watchdog'. Aha! This does appear to be what I'm wanting to do. I saw the watchdog procedure in ether82557.c, but wasn't able to really figure it out. Searching for kproc makes more sense now :) Thanks for this tip. I'll finish this driver up tomorrow. --Devon