On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 08:20:37PM -0500, dmr@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote: > Richard said, > > > Paper length is set by .pl command. Troff has no concept of paper > > width; you adjust line length and page offset using .ll and .po > > respectively. If you're using -ms macros which give a line length of > > 6 inches, try prefixing your input with > > > .pl 29.7c > > .po 2.88c > > > and your text should be centred on an A4 page. > > This is true, but be aware that if you're using -ms, > some of these parameters are shadowed by number > registers in the macro package, and tend to > get reset. In particular, there is a PO and also > a LL number register. There doesn't seem to > be a PL for .pl shadow, however. > > Dennis In which case these should be set by .nr LL whatever .nr PO whatever I assume. Just for completeness' sake, I also needed to use bullets, which I could only find in tmac.msc (which changed my font to one without serifs, which was terrible). Russ gave me the tip to simply use .IP \(bu Some text to make bulleted lists. This has worked for me just fine and is a bit less complicated than the macros in -mmsc :). Geoff also gave me a bit of help with this off-list, so I'd like to acknowledge that here as well. Hopefully this thread will come up a bit higher in Google next time anybody else has this problem :) I also thought that there was a problem with tr2post when converting troff to postscript, but it turns out that Acrobat Distiller was truncating the page size when importing the .ps. I'll try printing it on A4 soon to see what happens :) --Devon