On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:36:03AM -0600, Michael Zappe wrote: > Well, I just did the same thing for OpenBSD on IXP (XScale core), and > here are some of the issues you may want to look at. > > It seems there's an errata with the XScale core that causes > self-modifying code (including linkers and loaders) not to work if write > coalescing is disabled in CP15. Check to make sure that it is enabled > in register 0. > > Also, make sure that the cache flush you are calling invalidates the > I-cache after flushing the D-cache. > > One other thing to try to make sure that it's a cache issue (what it > sounds like), is to try running it with caches disabled on startup. > > If you need any more help, feel free to contact me! > > Mike Thanks for the offer, certainly will do. I'll open up that ARM spec and the SA-1110 datasheet again tomorrow and see if I can't apply some of your tips. Charles and Bruce Ellis also responded off-list with tips of their own. I'll see if these tips combined get me any further, otherwise I'll just accept the offers and bug you guys some more ;). --Devon