So, it turns out that the SIMpad has a watchdog. This watchdog takes a look at GPIO pin 11, which needs to be set as an output pin and needs to be set high. If it is not, this signals that the battery has a low voltage. And the unit powers off. I have no idea where this is clobbered so early for the Bitsy arch, but I just successfully booted the cerf1110 after changing the lines: g->gpdr = EnableRS232In | EnableRS232Out | CFReset; g->gpsr = EnableRS232In | EnableRS232Out; to g->gpdr = EnableRS232In | EnableRS232Out | CFReset | (1<<11); g->gpsr = EnableRS232In | EnableRS232Out | (1<<11); So it now probes all the devices and turns my screen white ;). The cerf1110 port from Inferno, I should qualify (if that wasn't immediately obvious). What now? I'm going to ditch most of bitsy's code and start (mostly) fresh. Whoo! --Devon