* Re: [9fans] Boyd
@ 2005-07-12  0:26 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-07-12  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's a really sad news to hear.  I liked Boyd.
I will have a glass of red and chorizo this evening.

* Re: [9fans] Boyd
@ 2005-07-12  7:43 Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2005-07-12  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Our university in not famous for its good connectivity to the
rest of the internet, but in any case, if no better place is available,
I can host any stuff here, just let me know what to put in our fs.

* [9fans] Boyd
@ 2005-07-11 12:19 Dave Lukes
From: Dave Lukes @ 2005-07-11 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Nemo suggests a wiki page in memoriam: I concur.

Since I'm only a 9fan and not yet a 9user, could someone else maybe
start it up?

I've got a couple of quotes that should go in there:
" 'Your consultants are very direct' " (from the customer to our boss
after Boyd and I had worked on a project together),
"How many schooners did it take to rewrite exec()?" (asked as an
authentication question to ??).

More later.

Dave.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Fco. J. Ballesteros" <nemo@lsub.org>
> Date: 11 July 2005 12:37:47 BST
> To: davel@anvil.com
>
> Perhaps a page in the wiki or somewhere
> would be appropriate. I did not meet boyd, but
> thought this suggestion could help.
>
> best regards

* [9fans] Boyd
@ 2005-07-11 11:27 Dave Lukes
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Dave Lukes @ 2005-07-11 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it.

Boyd was found dead in his flat in Paris a couple of days ago.

His ex-wife Cath just called me to tell me.

Friends hadn't heard from him for a while, so they called the police
who broke in and found him dead.

Sorry to be so blunt, but, like I said, there's never an easy way to
say this kind of thing.

A wake and memorial will be forthcoming in some form.

DaveL.