* [9fans] New to Plan 9, boot and install on Compaq AP550?
@ 2005-08-12 14:00 Unix
From: Unix @ 2005-08-12 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello Plan 9 fans.

I just downloaded the Plan 9 iso to test on my Compaq AP550 Professional
Workstation. I decided to boot it off CD just to see how much is
detected hardware wise since I have a few upgrades in the workstation.
It stopped a few times upon boot, I had to change to
sdC0!cdboot!9pccd.gz to get Plan 9 to boot off CD (Pioneer DVR-107D at
ata0-master PIO4) then when it tried to setup the graphics card it
kicked me into term% mode since it couldn't use my vga settings with a
Matrox MGA G550 AGP, I suppose it's not supported..I haven't tried to
install it yet on my hard disk since I wanted to see if it would run on
this PC..I don't have a spare PC left, the hard disk btw, is running off
an Adaptec 1200 H/W raid controller IDE...Is there any way to get this
setup to run and if yes how and is there any way to triple boot this PC,
I currently have the following setup: FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE on 40GB drive
ata2-master UDMA100, Solaris 10 on an 80GB ata2-slave UDMA100 drive and
was thinking I could put Plan 9 on a 6 GB Maxtor IDE to work with it a
bit. I currently have everything boot through the FreeBSD bootloader.

Thanks.

Domi