From: Uriel <uriell@binarydream.org>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] Patch notification emails
Date: Sun,  4 Sep 2005 13:14:17 +0100	[thread overview]

Due to popular demand, I have setup my plog script to send emails about
new patch(1)es to 9fans, the number of patches seems low enough that I
don't think it will be a problem for anyone and in any case the emails
are easy to filter out. If the volume of patches grows a lot I will setup
a separated list for them.

I think it's good to allow discussion based on the patches so people can
comment about them in 9fans instead of all discussion happening in
almost-private in comments in /n/sources/patch/* notes which are
difficult(if not impossible) to keep track of.

Emails are only generated for patches that have been 'processed'(ie.,
accepted, saved, or 'sorry').

The source for plog can be found in /n/sources/contrib/uriel/plog

Any comments, suggestions and improvements are appreciated.

uriel

P.S.: Here is my TODO list:
- Keep a wiki page with a record of patches, this would work better once
  we have a web interface for sources so it can link to the diffs and
  files inside the patch
- Maybe better handling of new files
- Maybe integrate with the path(1) scripts, that would fix some races
  and simplify things