From: Uriel <uriell@binarydream.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Acme tag scrolling/expansion
Date: Sat,  8 Oct 2005 10:06:21 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 08:34:14PM -0700, Paul Lalonde wrote:
> I have a working hack to acme that now lets me use the scroll wheel
> to expand the tag to multiple lines and collapse it again.  It seems
> to have no nasty interactions with the feature set I use.  Moving a
> window into a slot shorter than the tag shortens the tag to fit.  One
> line of the body tries to always show, except when windows are
> collapsed.  Dragging the tag text continues to work.
>
> Does anyone else want it?  How do I submit the patch?  It's
> substantially smaller than I expected.
Very cool; please, could you put it in sources/contrib?

See: http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/How_to_contribute/

(I think patch/saved overlaps too much with sources/contrib but either
should be OK)

> Should I also allow carriage returns in the tag text now?
This might be confusing because IMHO the main purpose for a multi line
tag is to accommodate longer paths and I don't see much use for explicit
new lines, also opens it to abuse as scratch space for big chunks of
stuff where a guide file should be used instead.

BTW, anyone knows if there is a way to snarf the path from a tag without
making the window 'dirty'? The usual mouse chording idiom that works for
the body seems to fail in the tag, and not even Undo helps after that.

uriel