From: Oliver Bandel <oliver@first.in-berlin.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Hello! :)
Date: Fri,  9 Dec 2005 21:58:25 +0100	[thread overview]

Hello,

I'm new to this list.
Since a while I think about trying out the Plan9,
and I hope I will do this during end of this year.

Something I should know when I first do the installation?
And afterwards?

Is someone who has written GUI-applications on plan9 on this list?
How easy or complicated is it?

Someone who has compiled Ocaml on Plan9 without problems?
Or must there be some effort to dot his (maybe Unix-module
could make some problems?)?!

For what are you using Plan9?
I would be interested if people of this list would share their
experiences.

I had used Linux for many years (starting with it 1998),
and then switched to Mac OS-X.
GUI-programming on OS-X seems to be easy (COCOA/Objective-C),
but since a long time I thought about Plan9 as a platform for
writing applications, which I can use for myself (if not
necessarily be shared with others, because Plan9 seems to me
to be not very wide spread).

So, I'm not shure what todo with it, but if it makes my daily work easier
(as do so self-written applications), then it is an option. :)

Any ideas, hints, experiences from you all are welcome for
a Plan9 pre-beginner. :)

Ciao,
   Oliver Bandel