From: erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu, Kuniyasu Suzaki <k.suzaki@aist.go.jp>
Subject: Re: [9fans] HTTP-FUSE Xenoppix(Experimental version) Release
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:42:29 -0600	[thread overview]

this is an interesting idea for linux.

9p is in the standard linux kernel. have you considered using 9p instead of http?
if you did you could directly mount the cd with only the 9p kernel
module running in the kernel.

you would give up compression and caching by using 9p directly.
but you could write a 9p server that uses your block scheme to provide
blocks to a second 9p server that serves up the original .iso.
both 9p servers could be mounted. no loopback or fuse would be required.

- erik

Kuniyasu Suzaki <k.suzaki@aist.go.jp> writes