* [9fans] fs kernel ether cards
@ 2006-02-19  9:35 geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-02-19  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What ethernet cards are people actually using in their file server
kernels?  I ask because I've got newer but probably untested or lightly
tested drivers for a few cards, and I'm just using the intel gbe card
these days in my file server, though I do have a spare machine with the
SiS 630/900/7016/whatever controller in it that I could use for testing.

* Re: [9fans] fs kernel ether cards
@ 2006-02-19 10:35 ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-02-19 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Just to clarify, I'm asking about /sys/src/fs kernels, not cpu kernels
on which fossil runs.

* Re: [9fans] fs kernel ether cards
@ 2006-02-19 19:27 ` Chris Collins
From: Chris Collins @ 2006-02-19 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

geoff@collyer.net was once rumoured to have said:
> What ethernet cards are people actually using in their file server
> kernels?  I ask because I've got newer but probably untested or lightly
> tested drivers for a few cards, and I'm just using the intel gbe card
> these days in my file server, though I do have a spare machine with the
> SiS 630/900/7016/whatever controller in it that I could use for testing.

I was using a generic 1Gbit Natsemi (etherdp83820.c) just out of sheer
despiration (I couldn't find anything else that worked in our house at
the time).

I recall having to lightly patch the fs64 sources to use it though - I
just don't remember why.

C.
--
Chris Collins <xfire-9fans@xware.cx>

* Re: [9fans] fs kernel ether cards
@ 2006-02-20  1:06   ` geoff
From: geoff @ 2006-02-20  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I do have a newer 83820 driver for fs64 if you want to try it.