* [9fans] cursor+keyboard install problem
@ 2006-03-09 15:04 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-03-09 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

(with last week's image, i booted off the floppy
and installed from cd onto a 15G ide drive.
the install worked well, but on reboot i can't
see the pointer and the keboard is not recognized
after rio starts.

the machine is a dual-pIII xeon @ 800 Mhz
on an intel 440gx motherboard with 1G registered
ECC ram using the motherboard graphics.

this machine does have on-board aic-7896 controller
(no attached drives) and a dac960 which is the target
of the exercize.

i have not changed plan9.ini; in fact i used all
the defaults for installation.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] cursor+keyboard install problem
@ 2006-03-09 15:15 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-03-09 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> (with last week's image, i booted off the floppy
> and installed from cd onto a 15G ide drive.
> the install worked well, but on reboot i can't
> see the pointer and the keboard is not recognized
> after rio starts.

what if you right click?  can you see the cursor then?
sometimes the cursor starts out uninitialized and
thus invisible, but right-clicking will select New
from the menu, changing the cursor.

the keyboard will only work if you have selected a rio window.

russ

* Re: [9fans] cursor+keyboard install problem
@ 2006-03-09 15:18   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-03-09 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, Russ Cox

clicking the does do what it should (at least some of the time),
and windows can be selected. i am not sure if clicks are sometimes
lost or not because i can't tell where the computer thinks the pointer
lies.

- erik

"Russ Cox" <rsc@swtch.com> writes

@ 2006-03-09 17:33     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-03-09 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, erik quanstrom, Russ Cox

*nomp=1 in plan9.ini does allow me to use rio.

- erik

erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net> writes

| clicking the does do what it should (at least some of the time),
| and windows can be selected. i am not sure if clicks are sometimes
| lost or not because i can't tell where the computer thinks the pointer
| lies.
|
| - erik
|
| "Russ Cox" <rsc@swtch.com> writes

| |
| | > (with last week's image, i booted off the floppy
| | > and installed from cd onto a 15G ide drive.
| | > the install worked well, but on reboot i can't
| | > see the pointer and the keboard is not recognized
| | > after rio starts.
| |