* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  0:17 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-03-12  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

They do exist, only in Plan 9 from User Space.

They don't exist in Plan 9 only because we don't have
anything that actually uses dsa keys.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  0:34     ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2006-03-12  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

As Russ said:

	They don't exist in Plan 9 only because we don't have
	anything that actually uses dsa keys.

* [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  1:00 quanstro
From: quanstro @ 2006-03-12  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

is there a reason that auth/dsagen (and friends) do not exist
(other than nobody wanted to write them)?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  1:02         ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-03-12  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> true enough. but this can become chicken-and-egg logic.
> as in: ssh doesn't support dsa because auth doesn't support dsa.
>
> i thought that getting auth to support dsa keys would be a good start
> on ssh support.

ssh doesn't support dsa not because there is no dsagen
but because it only supports version 1 of the protocol.
if you write an rsa-only ssh2, i will be happy to add the
dsa code.

/n/sources/contrib/rsc/*ssh*

russ

* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  1:03         ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2006-03-12  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 07:43:22PM -0600, quanstro@quanstro.net wrote:
> true enough. but this can become chicken-and-egg logic.
> as in: ssh doesn't support dsa because auth doesn't support dsa.

Not really: you need SSH2 for DSA to be useful.

* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  1:20   ` quanstro
From: quanstro @ 2006-03-12  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sat Mar 11 18:17:48 CST 2006, rsc@swtch.com wrote:
> They do exist, only in Plan 9 from User Space.
>
> They don't exist in Plan 9 only because we don't have
> anything that actually uses dsa keys.
>
> Russ

* Re: [9fans] dsa keys.
@ 2006-03-12  1:43       ` quanstro
From: quanstro @ 2006-03-12  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2006-03-12  2:07           ` quanstro
From: quanstro @ 2006-03-12  2:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i know. i was just objecting to the logic of "we cant build x because
we also do not have y."

hopefully i'll have time. i still have this unsightly ide drive
sticking out of my plan9 machine. ;-)

- erik