* [9fans] Plan 9 Isn't Booting
@ 2006-03-19 23:24 SHRIZZA
From: SHRIZZA @ 2006-03-19 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Plan 9 Fans

Details: After booting and playing around on the live CD for a bit, I
decided to give the installation a whirl. A couple entries of "i/o
error" in the device detection step kept me from advancing in the
installation. I tried restarting the installation process with DMA
off and I successfully cleared the device detection with no problems.

The rest of the installation went smooth: deleted the one and only
partition, added a new partition (on sdC0), set the partition type to
"PLAN9", had it subdivided according to the default config, installed
files from the dist, and had the installer make a Plan 9 boot file
for me. After finishing the install, I rebooted and set the C drive
as the first priority boot device. From here, I expected that the
machine would just boot right into Plan 9 since I had set is as a
plan9 boot config.

Instead, I got a screen that looked similar to the screen I got when
my CD-ROM drive was set as secondary slave (this was before all this,
obviously):