Hi Sascha, Profiler is a tool that monitors all the CPU happenings(time taken, resources used etc..) while a OS activity(like i/o acceess etc..) is being executed and reports them in a detailed user friendly way... It is generally used in the development stage to improve the efficiency of the code, depending upon the reports generated. Sascha Retzki wrote: > Thanks Sascha Retzki, for such a immediate reply... > > But, i'm more interested to do memory, drivers etc. Oh, okay. There is the sparc64 port which needs some love, for instance. :-) What about something which comes with complete 'layers' of stuff, like AC97 (this software-audio stuff)? There is also SATA, I just know of one SATA-controller supported, just because it happen to behave pretty like his grandfather or something (the listarchive has the details)... > > I also wanted to know how good it would be if i do something like a profiler for a subset of functionalities for plan 9? What do you mean by 'profile(r)'? > > Sascha Retzki wrote: >> I mean, it'll be like i get to do something nw and also will be able to give it back to open source... >> > > graphicssupport for acme! :) > > > > > > > "Argue for your limitations... > And sure enough, they are yours!" > > > > > --------------------------------- > Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min. "Argue for your limitations... And sure enough, they are yours!" --------------------------------- Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.