* [9fans] system wide profile for rc(1)
@ 2006-12-12 18:31 Georg Lehner
From: Georg Lehner @ 2006-12-12 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello!

while setting up my experimental Plan9 network I found myself drawn to
implement a system wide 'profile' for the rc(1) shell.

This allows to simplify both: rcmain and the personal 'lib/profile'
for each user and seems easier to maintain to me.

And .. it is so trivial that I must apologize for annoying the list
with it, however maybe it is worth adopting it for the default
installation.

To make this mail small find it explained with details and ready to
use sources at:

  http://www.magma.com.ni/moin/Plan9Tutorial/RcProfile

Regards,

    Jorge-León