* [9fans] [plus@earthlink.net: Michael Baldwin 1964-2007]
@ 2007-02-06 16:23 Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2007-02-06 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: inferno-list

9fans and Inferno fans:

    It is with great sadness that I report the death of one of our own.
Michael Baldwin, who worked at the labs for some time and later at Vita
Nuova, died last night after a brief battle against cancer.  Michael was,
perhaps, most famous in our community for writing the `pq' implicit
relational database that comes with the plan9 distribution.  He was also
a terrific guy in real life, and will be sorely missed.

    Arrangements are still pending, but you can find the preliminaries in
the forwarded message below.  If you'd like more information, please send
me email directly and I'll try to keep you informed as I find out details
(I plan on sending another email to 9fans and infero-list once things are
finalized, however).

        - Dan C.

----- Forwarded message from Paul C Lustgarten <plus@earthlink.net> -----

From: Paul C Lustgarten <plus@earthlink.net>
Subject: Michael Baldwin 1964-2007
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:17:47 -0500

Matthew's message from last night says it well ...

Begin forwarded message:

>From: Lara Guerra and Matthew Diaz <home@guerradiaz.com>
>Date: February 5, 2007 9:49:08 PM EST
>Subject: Michael
>
>It is with great sorrow over our loss and great joy in having
>shared in such a vibrant and loving life that I report that Michael
>Scott Baldwin passed away today, February 5, 2007 at approximately
>7:30 EST in his sister's home, surrounded by Uriel, family and
>friends.  He had been discharged from the hospital this morning and
>as he desired spent his remaining hours at home.
>
>Final plans are yet to be confirmed, but at Michael's request he
>will be cremated, with his ashes to be scattered at 4 locations:
>his parent's farm, on a Hopi reservation and in two locations in
>Guatemala.  A memorial will be held at the Sandy Springs Quaker
>meeting house in Maryland.  Further details will be sent out as I
>learn of them.
>
>As always, keep Michael and Uriel and their family in your
>thoughts, prayers and in the Light.
>
>Matthew

----- End forwarded message -----

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-02-06 16:23 UTC | newest]