On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 12:12:57PM +0000, matt wrote: > > You miss the point entirely. > >This might be petty but, no Kris, you missed the point. > >If you want further proof, see rc(1) BUGS I never said that rc(1) was perfect. I'm all for rewriting it, and fixing bugs. I'm not for breaking its syntax, though. It makes far more sense to leave rc as rc(1) and to write a new shell which deals with the shortcomings of rc. This is not comprable to writing a new os, and it gives us far more freedom. If the Inferno people had decided to 'update' mash instead of writing sh(1), it would have been grossly unfortunate, because Inferno's shell is probably the best shell I've come across. And if rc is to have such a massive revamping, there's no good reason to keep calling it rc. -- Kris Maglione The faster the plane, the narrower the seats.