* [9fans] Live-CD can't mount /
       [not found] <mailman.0.1173990993.26318.9fans@cse.psu.edu>
@ 2007-03-15 21:41 ` Mechthild Czapp
From: Mechthild Czapp @ 2007-03-15 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

To Whom it May Concern,

I wanted to check out plan 9 via live-CD. I selected to start the live-CD,
then, it came to a point where I was asked where to boot from and since the
default seemed okay, I just used it. Then, I received the message: Can't
mount /: I/O-Error.

Before, these messages already occurred during the boot process (I just wrote
down what looked like an error-message):

pcirouting: south bridge 1039, 0964 not found
pcirouting: ignoring south bridge PCI 0.2.0 1039/0964
ns83815: auto neg timed out

Someone in the IRC said I would need a patched kernel but I have too few
memory for emulation and no 2nd PC to test it on and maybe patch the kernel.
What can I do?

Yours sincerely,
  Mechthild Czapp

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-03-15 21:41 UTC | newest]