On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:56:31PM -0400, erik quanstrom wrote: >interesting. i hadn't thought of going that way. i was afraid of non-obvious >breakage. I'd considered it, but things like __^(extension attribute)^__ shouldn't cause breakage. __alignment__ certainly could, and there are some ugly ones, but the BSD headers are considerably cleaner than the glibc headers, so I didn't have to deal with too much. >what do you do about inline? what do do you about asm? unfortunately a quick >grep of even the first level of /usr/include on linux shows some asm goo. Well, in the BSD headers, at least, there's only one instance of __asm__ that appears outside of a macro, and that's in an FSF header that is full of inline functions and all kinds of other such goo. I'll just have to hope that nothing I need to compile includes it ;) The ones in the macros obviously don't matter unless they're used. -- Kris Maglione If you can get to the faulty part, you don't have the tool to get it off.