From: ramkromberg@mail.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Updated qemu wiki guide
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:47:07 +0200	[thread overview]

I'm only concerned with the content and its validity, if someone would
like to change the formating of the article to something better, go
ahead.

If you don't know how to work with the wiki, instructions can be found
here:
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Acme_wiki_instructions/index.html
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Wiki_syntax/index.html

Basically you need to run acme ("acme" in term of plan9/inferno), got to
/acme/wiki/guide, right click "Local srv net!plan9.bell-labs.com!wiki
wiki /mnt/wiki" and then right click "Wiki /mnt/wiki/", The first wiki
page will appear (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/plan_9_wiki/)
with instructions to right click a link to open it ( [Virtual machines]
), when the guide is opened simply make the modifications and middle
click "Put" to save.

* Play around acme b4 trying editing web content with it :-) I suggest
the sandbox...

I myself only just now figured out how to edit the wiki (thanks Uriel),
weird how you can't edit it from an Internet browser ?!

If you have content issues (something not working, you have something to
add) you can try this mail list, emailing me and/or pointing it out in
the wiki...

If you need access from a windows machine to the wiki without actually
having inferno/plan9 installed (to make small touch-ups and alike, only
running a headless server, away from your machine, whatever), instead of
installing all of inferno you can try this out:
http://caerwyn.com/acme/

P.S: now that I think of it, maybe a forum can be build using the same
mechanism that is used by the wiki ? run a command in acme, log-in, and
post on a forum ?

Good Luck,
Ram Kromberg
ramkromberg@mail.com