* Re: [9fans] serial mouse issues
@ 2007-04-02  1:58 ramkromberg
From: ramkromberg @ 2007-04-02  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks erik, though I now only have access to the qemu machine (I'm not
not home) I think using kbmap will help allot by creating a map in
/sys/lib/kbmap/ to replace the start key with the middle mouse button and
maybe I'll even add in something for the mouse wheels (I see mouse-csa
and mouse-fn are a common solutions to laptop ;-) ).

I'm still hoping for someone to guide me through on debugging the mouse,
any takers ? Again, I know its not a hardware issue but rather a driver
issue...

P.S: As far as I can gather, the system register the serial port as
/dev/some-device then a second driver interprets the signal to a second
/dev/some-mouse-device and then rio does the rest, So its a matter of
identifying which devices are responsible to what, reading out the
information (cat won't work, I need to monitor the info in a more
"lively" fashion), identifying which part fails, and then making the
necessary modifications (code & compile ? script ? definitions file ?), I
just don't have the skillz... help... :-)

Thanks,
Ram Kromberg
ramkromberg@mail.com

* Re: [9fans] serial mouse issues
@ 2007-04-01 22:40 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2007-04-01 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

kbmap is a kernel driver that maps keys and mouse buttons.

- erik

On Sun Apr  1 15:44:49 EDT 2007, ramkromberg@mail.com wrote:

> * Hopefully someone here will guide me on how to fix the mouse
> functionality (the mouse works on other systems so its a plan 9 issue
> rather then an hardware issue), but I'm also interested on re-programming
> the shift key in rio so to switch between buttonmap 132 and 123, this way
> I can still have some functionality from that machine if all else fails.
>
> Thanks,
> Ram Kromberg
> ramkromberg@mail.com

* [9fans] serial mouse issues