On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 10:33:17PM -0500, Colin DeVilbiss wrote: >The 9p(3) plan9ports manpage suggests that >only multi-threaded servers should "block" requests by not >respond()ing to them before returning from the associated service >routine, and that only multi-threaded servers would need to implement >flush(). I'm not aware that it implies that, but I see no reason that you shouldn't do this in a single threaded server. >My plan: > ... >Does that sound viable, or is there some machinery inside Srv that I >would run afoul of by doing that? Yes, it sounds reasonable, it's very similar to what I do in wmii. >As a side note, I see that none of the 9p filesystems that are >currently packaged in plan9port are both single-threaded and >Srv-based. Is there some reason I don't want to do that here? wmii (not part of plan9port) is single-threaded and Srv-based (though not lib9p based. The interface that it uses copies lib9p). -- Kris Maglione Despite the sign that says "wet paint", please don't.