On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:15:56PM -0400, erik quanstrom wrote: >i don't understand why ssh "using a seperate protocol" implies that it should >be significantly faster than 9p. could you explain why you think this? I don't know the specifics, but I do know that there is a protocol used for HTTP and SSH which are designed to speed up operations on the repository. I think it relates to the fact that parsing the FS would require many synchronous round-trips which would be faster locally. I believe that the paper elaborates. -- Kris Maglione When you need to knock on wood is when you realize the world's composed of aluminum and vinyl.