* erik quanstrom [070501 15:21]: > > - truncating the /adm/keys file with echo '' > /adm/keys > > - rebooting, filling in password and secstore phrase > > - killing keyfs > > - starting auth/keyfs on the server console > > i don't understand this step. if keyfs is running on the console > of your auth server, restarting it shouldn't make any difference. > > (you should always be dealing with keyfs and changeuser from the > console of the auth server.) > The reason for this is that otherwise I don't see anything on /mnt/keys, i.e. lc /mnt/keys shows nothing, even after a auth/changeuser. > where are you "logging in" from. i assume, since you mentioned this > is a combined fs/cpu/auth server, that you are drawterming in from > another machine? Yes I am using drawterm > > > > > When I now kill/restart keyfs on the server keyfs prints the > > following warnings: > > % auth/keyfs > > keyfs: warning: bad status in key file > > keyfs: warning: bad status in key file > > keyfs: warning: bad status in key file > > 4 keys read > > > > 1. Shouldn't there be only 2 keys as I have added 2 users? > > 2. When trying to auth/debug the user login still fails > > 3. lc /mnt/keys displays garbage > > what is in /mnt/keys on the console after you have just booted the machine? As I said above it is emtpy. Thanks, Christian -- You may use my gpg key for replies: pub 1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)