Richard has an i2c and spi driver for the pi. I grafted the inferno i2c file system interface on top of Richards driver, though the sub addressed reads are awaiting my return from holiday. there is a pi gpio and pwm driver which has a pi audio module which sits on top. this produces strange noises with a pi2 which I will dig into shortly. I think the pi is a wonderful terminal, the only app which would really benefit from Gbit ether is Remote Desktop (imho) I would love a similar machine with Gbit ether and 2 or 3 sata 3s to replace my ageing file server. -Steve > On 6 Aug 2015, at 00:12, Skip Tavakkolian wrote: > > RPI's running something like plan9-bcm (check github) where gpio is exposed should work. I'm going to try plan9-bcm this weekend; i'll keep you posted. I like ODROID hardware, but obviously there isn't a Plan 9 port for it. > > Arduino Yún (MIPS+AVR) could make a cool device for Plan 9, but the MIPS part of the hardware is closed. > > On the smaller end of the scale, I've just started porting lib9p to esp8266. I'm using ESP01; it is a cheap yet very capable device. > > On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Brian L. Stuart wrote: >> I'm teaching a special topics course this fall I'm >> calling Computing in the Small. Right now, I'm >> leaning toward conducting it on a platform that >> runs Plan 9. I'm looking for something based on >> ARM or MIPS and that has some useful connection >> to the external world in the form of GPIOs. SPI, >> I2C, and analog I/O would be nice to have too. >> Obviously, the Raspberry Pi is a candidate. What >> are some others? I've seen some code in the >> source tree for the BBB. Has anyone tried it out >> to see what is and isn't there? How about the >> Banana Pi? The SATA port on it is quite appealing. >> Some of the other options I've been looking at >> include the VIA APC Rock and Paper, the Phytec >> Cosmic, the CubieBoard, the Odroid, the Riotboard, >> and the Wandboard. Has anyone done anything >> on porting Plan 9 to any of them? Are there others >> I'm missing that would be good targets for such a class? >> >> Thanks in advance, >> BLS >