* [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c
@ 2007-05-11 23:47 David JEANNOT
From: David JEANNOT @ 2007-05-11 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Mouse(3) and rio(4) say:

'The mouse and cursor files are multiplexed by rio(1) to give
 the illusion of a private mouse to each of its clients.  The
 semantics are otherwise the same except that notification of
 a window resize is passed to the application using a mouse
 message beginning with r rather than m'

'In a standard mouse message, the first character is m,
 but rio will send an otherwise normal message with
 the first character r if the corresponding window
 has been resized.'

However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

Merci beaucoup, david.

* Re: [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c
@ 2007-05-12  8:08 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2007-05-12  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

aux/vga via #v can change the screen size.

* Re: [9fans] about resizing code in 9/port/devmouse.c
@ 2007-05-14 14:05 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2007-05-14 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Mouse(3) and rio(4) say:
>
> 'The mouse and cursor files are multiplexed by rio(1) to give
>  the illusion of a private mouse to each of its clients.  The
>  semantics are otherwise the same except that notification of
>  a window resize is passed to the application using a mouse
>  message beginning with r rather than m'
>
> 'In a standard mouse message, the first character is m,
>  but rio will send an otherwise normal message with
>  the first character r if the corresponding window
>  has been resized.'
>
> However, 9/port/devmouse.c seems to be resize-aware. I'm confused.

These are all true.  That's how resizes are sent.
9/port/devmouse.c does send resizes too, if you
change the vga size after switching to graphics mode.
The man pages are slightly out of date not to mention
this.  But then, this functionality only barely works.

Russ