* [9fans] p9 installation in qemu
@ 2007-06-14  8:50 Jens Arm
From: Jens Arm @ 2007-06-14  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

I'm new to p9 and before installing on real hardware I want to try it in qemu.

I have some questions about p9:

1.
When installing from local media (CD) the CD gets mounted by the installer with
"mount /srv/9660 /n/distmedia /dev/sdD0/data" so why I have to enter "/" at the prompt
"Location of archives [browse]:" and not "/n/distmedia" where the CD is mounted? What is correct?
Looks like "/" ist working, but it is correct?

2.
Updating the installed p9 with new daily ISO burned on CD does not work as described in the wiki
http://cm.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Staying_up_to_date/index.html

I get an error that /dist/replica/cd can not be found. Tested on real hardware, too (same error)
Must I login with another user as glenda or is updating from CD broken?

Which users are installed by the p9-Installer? And what is the purpose of these users?

3.
How can I change the font of the terminal window and all the other (sysload viewer) ... permanently to that of acme or others?

Jens