On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:08:14PM -0400, Kris Maglione wrote: > Redirecting to /dev/null. The only real issue with the race is that there's > an error message printed. Hiding the error message from grep is basically > the same as not printing it in lsof.c. Admittedly, I introduced another such race when I lazily decided to use ls instead of tr to split the files into lines. f = `{echo $f | tr ' ' '\012' | sort ...} -- Kris Maglione No experiment is ever a complete failure. It can always be used as a bad example.