On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 09:01:33PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote: >hmm, I'm not a license expert. Does MIT-L allow compiling >agaist other licences, ie (L)GPL, MPL, etc ? >Wasn't there some issue w/ having to display author names >on each program start ? It doesn't have to appear at the program start, and the MIT license gives explicit permission to sublicense its code. The copyright doesn't have to be at the top of the file, but it must remain on the code. This is perfectly LGPL compatible. In fact, the LGPL requires it, because it's the entire basis of the 'copyleft' system. >I personally would feel better w/ LGPL (just because it always >worked fine). Any objections against LGPL ? Yes, it's very long and significantly more restrictive than MIT. I don't see the need to add the restrictions of the LGPL, nor the verbosity or proselatizing that it contains throughout. That being said, there's nothing stopping you from sublicensing it with the LGPL. >hmm, couldnt find it :( >I've tried: http://www.suckless.org/snaps/wmii+ixp-20070508.tgz In the wmii tarball, it's called wmiir.c. I should setup nightly tarballs, but the plain libixp distibution comes from hg. -- Kris Maglione If it's good they will stop making it.